Sunday, January 25, 2009

The House

Ok so Mike and I have found a house! We put in offer in on it last week and the seller accepted our offer! Now, we are waiting for his bank to approve the offer. Why you ask? This property is a "short sale". A short sale is when someone cannot afford their house anymore, they are about to loose it and bank will settle on an amount that is less than amount owed. So rather than go into foreclosure - which neither the bank nor the homeowner wants - they do a short sale. And thus...the bank has to approve the offer to make sure it's a price they want to settle on! Now it's a waiting game. I'm not very patient and I can't wait to hear back!

Here's a little history on the house. This was I believe the second or third house we had looked at. That was back in late fall...they wanted $169,900 for a 1200 sq ft ranch. There is a one car over sized garage with an attached car port and an attached breeze way. When I walked into the kitchen, I turned to Mike and had the sourest expression on my face...I HATED THIS HOUSE! The kitchen had really old appliances, a ghetto faux rock linoleum floor and hideous green counter tops. There was apple themed wallpaper with matching trim as well. Instead of a door walking into the living room it was a stucco-ed arch. The living room was nice. It had hardwood floors, a really nice bay window, a fireplace and built in book cases. Then once again, there was another stucco-ed arch way into the hallway. The rooms were nice with decent sized closets. Here is where it gets bad...the bathroom. I wanted to PUKE when I saw it. My first thought and first comment was, "I wouldn't use that bathroom even if I cleaned it 20 times!!" It was nasty! It had a gross green sink, circa 1959, a green shower, faux marble lining and the most disgusting, repulsive GREEN toilet! It was so nasty. So I told Mike, "I hate that house. There is nothing I like about. I can't live there".


Mike and I continued looking at every single house in Farmington! We fell in love 2 foreclosed colonials. Both needing work, one more than the other. So the more we looked at houses I got less picky about where I lived. I realized I can have it all! I wanted a new house in turn key condition but those kinds of houses were not really in our price range! We wanted a house that needed about $20K worth of work to make it "livable"...the more we thought about it, the less attractive the house became. And since we're having a baby...that means daycare! Which in case you're wondering...is $175 a week!! So we stopped pursuing the foreclosed colonials. I was surfing the net at work last week (hee hee) and saw the house I HATED relisted a super low price...I called Mike and said, "that house I hated is really cheap, for that cheap I can work this house"...and there you have it...we put an offer in on this house! And now we still wait...so it isn't quite ours yet but we've got our fingers crossed! I just want this whole house thing over with. I hate it! I also hate buying cars...and I would much rather deal with sketchy car salesman than buy a house!

Here are some picutres of the living room and bedrooms!













xoxo

Deidra

No comments:

Post a Comment