Thursday, June 4, 2009

Due Date

Today is my due date... No baby. I went to the doctor's this morning and there were only a few minor changes. Nothing to write home about.

First thing first...a few weeks back - 36 weeks - Dr. Baker told me I would go early. Well Mike and I rushed around to get everything done. Things like getting our travel system and getting them into the cars. Getting my overnight bag together etc. I tried not to rely too much on what he said. I didn't want to get my hopes up. But as always, there was a part of me that really thought I was going to go early. Obviously...not the case.

At 37 weeks there was no change. Still a centimeter dilated and about 60% effaced.

At 38 weeks I met with the midwife and she said the same thing as the previous 2 weeks - 1 cm and about 60% effaced. Now at this appointment she brought up a previous conversation we had had about her being the one to deliver my baby. I really liked her and wanted her to be there. She told me that if she wasn't on call and if I really wanted her to deliver my baby, then she would come in if she didn't have anything going on. I said ok. I wasn't a huge fan of her during that appointment. She basically wasn't telling me what I wanted to hear.

My 39 week appointment was with Dr. Baker again. No real change again. Although he said he thought I felt about a centimeter and half and only 50% effaced. But said everything looked good.

So now since my 39 week appointment I have stopped working. I've been very uncomfortable and can't sleep, my feet keep swelling...I'm irritable. I am just plain miserable. I want to have my membranes stripped or use the gel! These two methods usually help the labor along.

Now that I've filled you all on the past few weeks...I had my appointment today. I met with the midwife. The last time I saw her I didn't really care for her. Today she was fine. I voiced my concern about having a big baby, not wanting a c-section and that I wanted to know if they could speed up the labor process. She first listened to the heart beat. It was fine. Then she measured me. Fine. Then came the internal. This time it hurt when she was feeling around. I'm 2 centimeters dilated and about 80% effaced. My cervix is still really far back but she said that during the process of labor it comes down or comes forward...something along those lines. She went on to tell me that they won't do the inducing until 41 weeks. That's when I asked about them scrapping the membranes or using the gel. She said that since she wasn't on call this weekend she didn't really want to speed up my labor! In my head I'm thinking, "me and my big fat mouth!!! At this point I don't care WHO delivers my baby!!!"

So now I have an appointment in the birthing center to be hooked up to a monitor to check the baby's heart rate. I guess they do this when you go past your due date. That's on Monday at either 10 or 10:30. I also have an ultrasound scheduled for June 11 at 1:45. Again they do this ultrasound when you're past due.

So another disappointing doctor's appointment...I'm all annoyed and upset. I just want this baby to be born!!!

xoxo,
Deidra

No comments:

Post a Comment