Friday, May 15, 2009

House!!!

Yay!! Today we are making the biggest purchase of our lives! I can't believe after all we've been through it's finally happening!! This has been the longest 4 months evah! We signed the P&S (purchase & sales) back on January 20th and we are closing today May 15th. Crazy huh?!? We are both very excited and very relieved. I just can't believe we are also having a baby in just a few weeks or possibly a few days! So much all at once...so fast!

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday. That went well. It started off with me losing 2lbs. I was glad! I feel like I'm huge and I don't know if my legs can keep carrying around all this extra weight! My hips have been killing me! We learned in our birthing class that the reason that my or should I say...women's hips hurt while in their 9th month of pregnancy is because of a hormone (can't remember the name) makes the joints in the hips and pelvis separate in preparation for birth! And it's kinda painful! So anywhoo...I had great blood pressure and I was telling the nurse how Dr. Baker thought I was going early. She said, "oh yes, I see you were 1 cm dilated last week". So I guess that's a good thing! So I met with Dr. Morris this week. Now if you think we Howards are fast talkers and can't understand a work we're saying you should hear this chick!! She talks so fast that I sometimes have a hard time understanding what she's talking about! I tested positive for the strep B thingy. What that means is as SOON as my water breaks, I need to get to the hospital so they can get me on an IV and get some meds pumping through me. No biggie. My sis had it, Tarsha had it. I guess it's more common than not. Then she did the exam. That HURT SO BAD! I almost cried. What's it going to be like when I go into labor?! She said that I'm still around 1 cm which I took to mean that I'm a little bigger than 1 cm but not quite 2 cm and I'm about 60% effaced! So exciting.

After my doctor's appointment we had our 2nd birthing class. I'm glad we only paid $50 for this class. Neither of us are overly impressed with the classes. I mean they are ok but there are so many people in our class it's kinda awkward - there were 11 couples last night! So 23 people including the instructor! We learned about some breathing techniques and labor coping techniques. Then she talked more about drugs. The more we talk about them...the less I want them! I've been saying since the beginning that I wanted to go O'Naturaalll...but I'm not opposed totally to drugs but I would still like to try it with out them. So we'll cross that bridge when we get there. We have 2 classes left...who knows if I will make it through them!

During our class, Mike kept asking me if I was alright. He said I was breathing really heavy. I told him I was very uncomfortable, the baby was very active, and I was having some cramping...nothing too bad or constant. And just plain tired! On my way home I thought I was going to die from the weird pain in my back! Oh and by the way...for all of you who think Sanford is SO FAR AWAY...it took me 31 minutes from the hospital parking lot to my driveway. I was even stuck behind a tractor trailer truck and an old meme on my way home. I had this weird burning pain sensation on my back - my upper back on the left side near my lungs. I felt like I wasn't going to make it home...I kept shifting my position...well as much as you can in a car while driving. Nothing was helping. When I layed down it started going away. Maybe it was all that sitting during our class.

I woke up around 1:30 this morning and had to pee and I was having some more pains. Some of them were aches, some of them crampy things. Again nothing too constant but I wasn't sleep well at all and again I was breathing kind of heavy. But that could just be pressure on my lungs. Who knows...so we decided that I would not go into work today, to take it easy cause I DO NOT want to go into labor before we close on the house!!

I will post some pictures later and blog later about my work shower! It was awesome! And I will try to take some pictures of OUR NEW HOUSE!

xoxo,
Deidra

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is all to weird. I didn't go into work the Friday before I delivered. I had the strep B. And the Saturday before I went into labor I rolled out of my car in tears because it hurt so bad to drive. Keep track of you cramps! It's coming...so exciting!

    ReplyDelete